- List all of your fixed assets, such as real estate and cars, at their current value.
- List all of your liquid assets: cash, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds and
- List all jewellery, furniture and household items at their current value.
- Add together all of the above. These are your total assets.
- Subtract all of your debts, such as your mortgage, car loan and credit card balances,
from your total assets. The result is your net worth.
- Re-evaluate and update your net worth calculations on an annual basis.